SMELL THE JASMINE ummmm…while grumbling!
I don’t know the ages of my ‘fan base’ but I am well past the first flush of youth…thank goodness!…and I grumble about everything even with the TV in the mornings…rather, in a way, like Janet Street Porter who I quite admire. Abd these days there are many things to grumble about….like
- abbreviations. Hate them. Why call for example the Doctor ‘Doc’? Do you call the Dentist ‘Den’? I make people tell me what they mean. Then there are all those initials used instead of the words…drive me MAD. I took part years ago on a course where ALL abb reviations were BANNED!
- Newsreaders and so called ‘celebraties’ who read the news and discuss the papers…Why all the stuttering and stammering and blustering as if they don’t know what they are on about and then all the repeating that goes on and then they go on thanking everyone for doing what they are paid to do. I like the ones that get on with it, for example Michelle Dewberry, John Nicholls, James Whale, Michael Portillo, Sam Delaney. They ‘cut to the chase’ and don’t faf about. Ann Diamond is an intelligent woman and can be good BUT she never stops talking, over and through everybody else.
- why do people say about us that ‘it is alright for some’? When it is found out that we may be off tripping again. Why? What is so specialy about us? Our trips are funded by using loyalty points from one of the big supermarkets. Why is it always assumed that we are rolling in money?
- people who continually complain about the weather. What can they do about it? Nothing. So why waste breath and time by complaining.
- Why do my grandsons have a need to put totally inappropriate information, well to me at any rate, up on FaceBook?
………I can assure you that there is plenty more!!!